Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Theme built by Kasper Kronborg Isager
Problem on localhost with url rewriting and css
  • Hi Fabian,

I use Feindura on a OVH hosting server whith no problem.
    I installed Feindura on my Xubuntu 12.04 with apache 2.2.22 with ".htaccess" allowed, and PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.6.

My problems :
    - In the "admin Setup" It is impossible to change "format URL", there is an forbidden icone which appear.
    - when I modify the css to put an image like that : background-image: url(/cms/upload/insertion/header.jpg); Nothing happen ...

Thanks in advance

Kévin
  • hi,

the url format is only available, when you have pretty urls deactivated.
    there you can set the variable name used for the urls like ?page=23&category=2

the css path problem depends on where you css file is situated. Try this path:
    background-image: url('../cms/upload/insertion/header.jpg');

;)
  • thanks for your answers, but :

I started with a new feindura session, so the pretty urls is already deactivated. But I can't change it, even if I set it in the .htaccess.

For the css, the new dir isn't correct anymore. I tried everything, putting header everywhere, but it never print in the page.
    :(
    However all works with quite same configuration on my hosting service ... (except upload with file manager in firefox due to OVH limitation)
  • It's good for the file path ... I forgot that i set Feindura in a subfolder ...
    in fact, your precedent proposition work fine, there is no need to reconfigure betwen local and server.

It remain the problem with the pretty URL. :-?
  • It Works !!! I had forgotten to set the mod_rewrite in apache ... :D