Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Theme built by Kasper Kronborg Isager
Set-up a default language for a site
  • Hallo,
    I'm wonder if there is any way to set up a default language for a site(without having a multilingual site) - like set it by default in Romanian instead of English?

What's the use of uploading a thumbnail for a page? I haven't noticed any change in front end, only in back end there is a thumb for a page?

PS> I think that it's a good idea to have a "how to" section on this forum - where people asks questions and get response to them from others. Just a suggestion.

• thanks for the suggestion i add add a how to category.

1. default language:
    normally feindura chooses the browser language as default language, but you can set it manually by giving the Feindura class a country code as the first parameter (see feindura.org/docs/[Implementation]/Feindura.html#__construct)
    require('cms/feindura.include.php');

$feindura = new Feindura('ro');

Another way is, to use the "setLanguage" method
    require('cms/feindura.include.php');

$feindura = new Feindura();

$feindura->setLanguage('ro');

2. the thumbnail

The thumbnail in the back alone changes nothing.
    you have to use it in the fronted somehow. For example the $pageContent array returned by the "showPage" method contains this thumbnail or the $item array returned by all "createMenu" methods contain it as well.

You can check the content of the returned arrays using the "DebugTools::dump()" method, which comes with feindura.

$currentPage = $feindura->showPage();

// to see whats inside this array write this
    DebugTools::dump($currentPage);

// then you can show the thumbnail and the content
    echo $currentPage['thumbnail'];
    echo $currentPage['content'];

Hope that helps.

Thanks again for the suggestion.